Friday, December 28, 2007

Can't think of a non-sacreligious title for this next one...

So you all know that Kenley is scared of sirens. Completely terrified. But she has this little friend named Parker whose daddy is a firefighter, so now when we hear the siren, we talk about how maybe it's Parker's daddy, and he's a helper, blah blah blah. So today at my mom's we hear a siren, Kenley flips out, and I go over to comfort her. "Yeah, you hear a firetruck! Full of helpers! Who do you think might be on that firetruck?" I ask. "Jesus," Kenley replies, and then adds a peeved little, "What?" in response to our hysterical laughter. When I had calmed down a little I asked her why she thought Jesus would be riding a firetruck. "He's a people," she says. Okay then.

Another funny little quirk of Kenley's is her love of adjectives. She cannot eat anything without pausing after the first bite to describe it. "Crunchy! Sour! Cold! Yummy! Spicy!" The list goes on and on. Although she has this tendency at other moments ("Slippery! Pretty!"), it happens most often with food. Perhaps a career as a food critic awaits....

Parker was a total fuss-pot today. Maybe another tooth or another ear infection, don't know. I'm obviously hoping for the tooth. Or, he could just be annoyed by the tooth that he has, as it has formed into a horribly sharp peak, most closely resembling a shard of glass in his mouth. I mean seriously, how badly must teething hurt? A pokey tooth breaking through your gums? It makes me shudder just to think about it. Poor little guy.

You may have noticed that I changed my friends links a little. I may or may not change it back but I figured this would be an easier way for people to blog-hop to others who they actually know. Since some of you might not know, the name Kenley is actually my mom's maiden name, hence my many cousins with the same maiden name. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Christmas was fantastic, aside from missing my little missionary sister like crazy. Everyday life isn't so bad without her anymore, but it's the traditions, those experiences that I've never had without her, that get to me. James always has to deal with a crazy weepy me on the holidays. At least we got to talk to her on the phone, which was fabulous. Except then the next day the phone rang and Kenley looked up all happy and hopeful and asked, "Annie?" and I had choke out a sad little "No." But other than all that Christmas was great and Kenley's excitement just made me so happy. More to come on Christmas...

1 comment:

DB said...

We love that we made your friends link! You have one of the most entertaining blogs out there--we love it. Whit