Okay, I have two confessions about blogging. One, I love blog-hopping. Checking on my friends' blogs, and then clicking on their friends, and their friends, etc. People I don't even know. Why do I love it? I'm not sure. There's something so interesting to me about peeking into people's lives, especially ones with little kids, and seeing how their family is the same as mine, and how it's different. It makes me feel so normal as a mom, because I read so many of the same challenges and funny things that we go through. I just assume that everyone does this, but maybe not. Maybe once you click on this blog you're done, and you don't randomly check out my friends who you don't even know. Am I the only one who has this weird habit?
Second confession - I have "blog buddies" whose blogs I check religiously who I am not even really that great of friends with in real life. It's such a strange sense of friendship and intimacy that you can run into an acquaintance at a party and know the smallest details of what they've been up to, yet you've never actually hung out with them. And here I quote Alan Sabin, who said to us at Devan and Lynn's Halloween party, "I feel like I've been hanging out with you guys for two months straight just from looking at your blog." By the way, if you are into blog-hopping, Alan is the dad of one of my favorite blogger families, the Sabins. Check it out. But yeah, it's strange.
Anyway, I think I love blogging. I'm excited that several of my cousins started blogs this week because we're scattered all over the country and I never hear anything about what they're up to, because really, most of what we do is just not worth reporting through the grandparent grapevine. And thanks to all my other blog friends for being so diligent and providing me with cute stories and videos to laugh at! It's always nice to know you're not the only mommy struggling with bedtimes, binkys, and the terrible twos.
7 comments:
Hi Katie-
I'm so glad we're all online now. This is so fun!
When I first started checking people's blogs (last week) I started blog hopping, and I was so ashamed of myself. I thought I was such a wierdo! I'm so glad to find out that other people do that too!
You're kids are so cute. Are you guys planning a trip to AK anytime?
I could say ditto to everything you said about blog hopping! I do it all the time...and often spend way too much time doing it! Do you use Google Reader? It's great--you know who updated their blogs without having to click on their link, I did this all the time, only to be disappointed that there was nothing new--I have several people listed on there that I don't even know! Bye blog buddy!
Hi Katie!
I am also guilty as charged. Your kids are so cute!
YES! You are not alone. I too love blogging and think it is one of the best ways to stay connected with friends and fellow moms. What did we all do before email and blogs?!?
I don't think I know you, but I was blog-hopping and came across your great blog. :)
Hope all is well!
Katie-
I also blog hop....actually that is how I found your blog! I think it is fun to check on people and see how life is in different places.
Will you be my blog buddy?
Hi guys! We love your blog! It's now on our list of blogs we check every day. I hope that doesn't sound creepy. Yeah, blog-hopping is pretty addicting; we just started a couple weeks ago.
Post a Comment