So, I've been on an updating rampage lately, so if you just saw the shopping post, you've missed another five or so.
Funny Kenley story: Sunday night we had my family up for dinner and we asked Kenley how she liked her chicken and she goes, "Um, it's not terribly good." Where does she get that stuff?
Does anyone want to do a home organizing/decorating blog with me? I don't even have to know you, if you're one of my blogstalkers. I just want some company. I was thinking of doing one Zone each week (based off Flylady, like a kids room or Master Bedroom, etc.) and we could post how we cleaned, organized, or decorated. We could also post pics of areas that we need organizing/decorating ides, and we could help each other. Anyone interested?
Finally, I need to get out for a run and it's getting hotter and hotter and none of us are ready. I hate exercising.:(
ETA: We just had a little earthquake down here! A 5.8 in Chino Hills, about 50 miles away. It shook us for quite a while and was one of the most intense I can remember. Parker loved it and laughed, and Kenley was scared. She just told me it, "grumbled and grumbled in my room." It cut off our cell service for about 10 minutes and our landline is still down. Of course flashing through my head was our total lack of emergency preparedness. Hmmmm... I think this may be the little nudge I needed!
7 comments:
What!? No 72-hour earthquake kit in both your cars? It was a fun earthquake though.
I would love to join your organizing/decorating blog. Would you come to my house and help me?
I might like to do the organizing thing with ya. We have a big list of projects to do before the baby arrives and I could use your motivation to help me get these done! :) How does it work?
I don't know yet exactly how it will work. I'm thinking everyone who's interested would be an author so they could post their own pictures and stuff. Like if next week's Zone was the Kitchen, you would work in your kitchen for 15 minutes a day, and tell or post a pic showing what you got done, and post something in your kitchen that is really working for you organizationally or decoratively, and something that is not. And we could all share ideas and stuff. That's what I'm envisioning, but I haven't set it up yet. As soon as I think of a name I'll set it up.
hey Katie,
Random question for you:
I was wondering where you got the template for the background on your blog? I'm trying to set up a blog for my sister, Michelle, and was looking at pyzam.com for templates, but it looks like those ones make the space for text and photos on the blog really narrow, and leave a lot of blank space, which I don't like as much. Thanks, Stephanie
Katie... your kids are so dang cute. I was talking to my mom on the phone last week (who said to tell you hi by the way) and even she said... " I saw Katie's blog...her kids are SO DANG CUTE" they are just adorable.
Ok I just got caught up on your blog after what feels like months of deprivation and I swear your kids get cuter every day. I totally didn't regognize Parker without his hair or James with ALL that hair. I was actually just trying to convince Dustin yesterday to grow his hair out...somehow I don't think it's going to happen:)
Post a Comment