Monday, November 10, 2008

Today is the day we find out what day is the day


FINALLY! Seriously! My mom finally called the mission office in Nauvoo to find out when my sister is coming home. Andrea apparently doesn't particularly care, because we just kept getting these vague, "I'm not sure. Sometime in the beginning of December. So my investigators...." Not going to cut it. So you wanna know? December 2nd! Woo hoo!

I had this dream about my sister where after we picked her up at the airport, after all the chaos had passed, I just sat down on the curb and started crying because it was finally all over. And that's how I feel right now, like I just want to sit down on the floor and cry because I am so happy that we are reaching the end. Hundreds of days I've wanted to call her, thousands of things I wanted to tell her, and millions of moments I've wanted to share with her, and she is finally coming home.

One thing I've learned about myself is that I don't fare well when my support system is shaken. I think I probably seem independent, but in reality I cannot function without a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. I am lucky enough to have a huge support system with wonderful friends and the best family ever, but I need my sister for things to be complete.

Soooo.... three more weeks! Hooray!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Yay!!! I am so excited. Let's make a paper chain.

Krissy Lowe said...

Katie! I am so happy I found you here in blog world. Maybe we can stay in touch better.:) So seriously we do need to get together when I move back up your way. I would LOVE to see you and your cute kids.
I can't believe Andrea is coming home! That is so exciting. I totally here you about the sister thing.

Krissy Lowe said...

Katie...I am so happy that I found you here. I just wrote you a long comment and it got erased so this one isn't going to be as long... anyway your kids are darling and I would LOVE to get together once I move back up by you. Until then I will keep blog stalking...

Brooke said...

YEA!!! That is so exciting for you and and your family!

The Dobrons said...

YAY!!!Thanks for the update!

leah said...

Wow. So weird because I had this dream 2 nights ago with Andrea, Krystal, Erin Drake, Amanda Lilly, and someone else I won't name because it sounds weird. (They were all building some mini palace for April and her husband to live in- I know even weirder...but the palace looked pretty cool) ANYWAYS, I started thinking about Andrea that day and realized that she should be home soon! WOW! DECEMBER 2nd! That IS so soon. I hope I get to see her at Christmas- and you of course too :)

April said...

Holy Cow! Three more weeks, that's so soon? Anyword on when the Christmas Party will be? Nate and I are coming on Christmas eve, so hopefully it's after Christmas again!!!I'm so excited to see her!!!It's weird how many dreams she's been in of mine....apparently I'm not the only fisher whose dreams she appears in!