So today we headed up to the Santa Rosa Plateau for a little hike. Yeah, the scenery isn't really that pretty. I realize that. But the kids had fun. Kenley provided constant narration the entire hour, about everything, just jabbering away. "Hey I see a lizard. I talk quiet so I'm not scared of them. Oh I thought that noise was a bug. It's just people, saying some crazy words. Hey are we in Africa?" Never stopped talking. I'm sure any animals that would have been around were scared away. Parker spent most of the time in our hiking backpack, amazingly happy to just be chilling. It was a fun day.
It made me think of when we went when Kenley was little. Don't remember? Weren't a follower then? Check it out! Click here.
I love Kenley in the background of this picture scouting things out.
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. The kiddo are darling, of course.
I can't wait to see you guys!
Don't those old pics of Kenley just amaze you? Time flies so fast.
That is a great looking back pack you have. We've never bought one, but are thinking about it for this coming spring/summer. You'll have to give me the info on it when you get a chance.
Oh, and the whole thing about it raining a lot there and getting cabin fever... Puh-lease! I can't remember the last time we did something outdoors here this winter. Oh wait, it was the short walk I took the kids on through our neighborhood. The one where I had to spend 20 minutes putting their winter coats, boots and hats on to "enjoy" 15 minutes of outside time. FUN. Cabin fever is a permanent illness we have up here for about 5 months. :) I don't feel one bit sad for your week of rain. OK, I'm done with my rant now. Thanks for listening.
Post a Comment