Saturday, November 13, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Well, there goes Fall. It was nice while it lasted.

Time to get used to a whole new lifestyle, wardrobe, and vocabulary. I have to wear big old boots to work and then change my shoes when I get there. So weird! I'm learning all about scraping my car, driving in the snow, and buying/wearing socks. Interesting.

Of course when you're a kid there's nothing not to love about the snow. The kids have been just giddy over it, and very devastated when a day goes by that they don't get to go out and play. The concept that it'll be here for the next six months at least just cannot compute in their California-born brains. Of course, they have a mother who doesn't understand the concept of socks, so I guess I can't be surprised.

Saturday we finally had the manpower to get all six kids dressed in snow gear and outside to play. Other than Claire, the kids had a great time! The backyard we share with my aunt's family has this great hill that is just perfect for sledding, and the kids entertained themselves all afternoon while we watched from inside the house. Now that's a win-win.

Getting the kids all ready to go out in the snow. Not an easy task, x6.








^^^ That's a picture of poor Claire crying her eyes out after she toppled over and faceplanted into the snow. It was awesome. Sadly, Marci took pity on her and brushed the snow from her face before I could take a picture. But at least I got the aftermath. :)

Since these pictures were taken we have gotten a TON more snow. Winter, here we come!

1 comment:

KaraLyn said...

So beautiful. You are so good at "blooming where you're planted."