Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Kenley

My sweet birthday girl. Look at that face - she is every bit as precious as she looks. Turning six is rounding a corner, going from a preschooler into a kid. She is growing in confidence, in spirit, in personality.

She is very sure of what she likes, or what she's "into," in her words. She still loves clothes & fashion, art, playing Barbies, and being with her friends and siblings. She's doing great in Kindergarten, and is making friends at school. She is really interested in food, cooking, and nutrition, and can identify a smell such as rosemary, ginger, or vinegar as soon as she walks into a room. She loves to be outside (NEVER gets cold), and enjoyed taking lessons in soccer, ice skating, and ballet this year. She is pretty articulate for a 6-year-old but still pronounces mirror as "mirrio" and Little Caesar's as "Little Tweezers." She's a SOUND sleeper, and when she gets up in the night for something, just cries and wanders around bumping into walls. She loves make-up and hair stuff, and wants to "do nails or hair" when she grows up - possibly in a grocery store (?!).

Kenley tries all the time to make the world a better place. She will do ANYTHING to keep one of her siblings from getting into trouble - she will frantically pick up Parker's toys or beg me not to use a stern voice with Claire. She is kind to others and she has a good heart. She is sensitive, thoughtful, and pretty dang funny. She's not a perfect kid, but she's close. I am humbled and grateful that I get to be her mom because that means I get to have her in my life for the long haul. I know I'm going to learn a lot from this kid.

Happy Birthday, Mae Bug. The day I became your mommy changed my life forever, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Amen to this post. This is the sweetest girl! She is such a blessing to have in our lives.

KaraLyn said...

What an adorable picture, and what a sweet little girl.