Friday, March 09, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

Okay, I'm going to admit it. Taking our crib down was a BIG milestone for me. As you all know, our kids are close in age, so we have had that crib up since Kenley was born six and a half years ago. Oh, the number of times I have put my babies into that crib. But all good things must come to an end, I guess, and it was that time for us. On the day James was going to take the crib down, I tried to get a pic with all three kids by it, but Parker had been puking all night and was not in the mood for a pic. :(

When Miss Bossypants announced that she was going to start sleeping in a toddler bed, so we decided to seize the moment. We also, on a whim, told her that she couldn't have a paci anymore when she switched over. The last night in her crib, I was snuggling her and warning her that tonight would be the last night with the paci because she was a big girl now, and she just pops it out of her mouth, and nonchalantly hands it to me: "Here you go." And I put it in my pocket, and that was that. Nothing like this experience, one of the worst of my parenting career, and the primary reason I had put it off yet again. But anyway, that was easy.

So here she is on the first night.

So far, so good! It's been about a week and she's stayed in bed every night! I'm not sure she understands that she could get out if she wanted to, so shhhhhhhh, don't tell her!

No comments: