Friday, April 06, 2012

San Diego Sneak-Away

Okay, so I couldn't stand it anymore. Snow, snow, and more snow, coupled with an extremely difficult year at work, and I needed a break in a major way. I kept dreaming about San Diego, and just craving the sunshine, missing my family, and wanting to get away in a big, big way. Luckily I have the most supportive husband in the world who said, "Just GO." He knows how much my sanity means to my family.

Through a generous aunt who works for the airlines, and some amazing luck flying standby, and not just a little bit of stress, I finally arrived in San Diego. I was ready for to soak up some sunshine, eat some delicious food, and hang with my family. I especially wanted to see my sis, who is pregnant with her first baby, and rub her tummy and inundate her with unsolicited advice.

When I got there, my weekend was already all planned out. Unbeknownst to me, my sister had already planned out the weekend, and e-mailed a copy to every family member, except me. On the docket? Lots of family time, seeing some new houses, running at Mission Bay, and LOTS of eating out at places they don't have in Alaska (Jamba Juice, Chipotle, California Pizza Kitchen, Pei Wei). I was so full by the end of the weekend!

Here are some pics from the weekend.... The cute baby is my brother's kid, Max. One of the four cutest kids on earth.






 


1 comment:

Brianne said...

That's one cute baby! ;)