Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kenley's newest phrase is "No please."

"Do you want some cereal, Kenley?" "No please."
"Come give Daddy a kiss good-bye." "No please."
"Let's put away your tea set." "No please."

It's so cute. Today we went out to lunch and I went to wipe some salad dressing off her pants and she's like, "Oh, SANK you Mommy." And then we got home and had to change her pants to put clean ones on: "My jeans! Okay! SANK you Mommy!" Funny girl. What else? She likes to sing her ABCs but she calls them her EBEs. Hey, she's not perfect... Today I had on a sweatshirt with some writing on it, and she points at it and says, "Some EBEs!" all proud of herself. My computer's being lame but I'll come back and post a little video I took of her singing the ABCs. Oh, and she's started the charming toddler habit of wanting to do everything "myself." "Tenley do it MYSELF!" Argh. Luckily she'll let me help her do it herself. I'm clinging to that until she realizes that if I'm helping, it's not actually doing it herself.

Parker is still his happy little self. Just sits there and smiles. He's still eating a ton and is inching up on that 20 pound mark. Yes, the same 20 pounds that Kenley weighs. I think he was in a growth spurt because he was taking TWO bottles at night again for the last little while. Now he's back down to one, which still doesn't make me happy. I keep reading (my curse) that very few babies have an actual need to eat during the night by this age (six months). But if I just go in and give him his paci, he'll go back to sleep but wake up every half hour or so until I feed him, and then he just CHUGS down a 6-oz. bottle and then rolls over, totally content, and sleeps until eight. I don't even have to pick him up, he just wants food. So I don't know. When Kenley was little, she'd eventually stop taking a whole bottle and just take an ounce or two, so then I would cut out the feeding. But to chug down a huge bottle without hardly even stopping to breathe? To me, he's hungry, and I think I'd rather give him a 4am bottle and have him sleep until 8 than have him be hungry and sleep fitfully from 4am on and then be up for the day at 6ish. I don't know. I'm trying to feed him more during the day, so maybe that's why he went from two bottles down to one, but I want him to sleep from 8pm to 8am. Is that so much to ask? I need an uninterrupted night's sleep. Let me note oh so lovingly that I'm not soliciting advice here, just venting. :) I know what my options are, I just need to decide what I can live with!

No comments: