So, many of you know that we were supposed to go in tomorrow for our "BIG" ultrasound, where we find out if our little tiebreaker is a boy or a girl. Here in the medically old-fashioned area where I live, you have to go to another doctor for that ultrasound, where I guess he has bigger and fancier equipment or something. So anyway, today at my regular OB appointment, I found out policy has changed, and I needed a referral from my Primary Care doctor, which I do not have and cannot get before tomorrow at 10am. But my OB did an ultrasound there at her office and the baby is sitting breech (butt down) with its legs strategically crossed. She tried for quite a while and couldn't even see enough to venture a guess. And THEN, she at least tried to get a cute picture of the baby's face, and the baby just waved its little hands around in front of its face! This baby is already working on driving me nuts and it hasn't even been born yet!
So... while we're disappointed that we have to wait, it's probably a blessing in disguise because now we'll have another week or so to hope that this little bugger either flips around where it has room to wave its little leggies, or at least is willing to uncross them!
It could be worse, though. Definitely. Last night I had a dream that we went in for our ultrasound and Tyra Banks was our ultrasound tech as she was being filmed for a reality show. She didn't even know what she was doing (I know, WEIRD). And I was all stressed out because they wouldn't let me have a different ultrasound tech, this was my one and only chance to find out the gender of the baby, and Tyra was going to mess it up. Good old Tyra.
So anyway, wish us luck, and leave a comment with your guess on this naughty baby's gender if you haven't already!
7 comments:
I'm going with GIRL.
Totally a girl.
Sounds like a mini Kenley
At my ultrasound with Noelle the tech told me to always eat chocolate before I go in. She said she never had a patient that ate chocolate and was not able to tell the gender. So, this time we stopped on the way and I was eating Peanut M&Ms at 8:00am. The second she put the transducer on my belly, baby's legs were wiiiiiiiide open.
I say GIRL.
I'm going with Girl too cuz she's sitting proper with her legs crossed :) Plus, I had the exact same experience a few weeks ago. Good luck next time, I say a little chocolate can never hurt.
I'm going to agree with everyone else and say girl. I'm so excited for you!
That is HILARIOUS! (the part about Tyra) Let me tell ya- Boedy never turned out from breech because I beleived he was strong willed and a bit stubborn...that hasn't changed.
Post a Comment