With three little ones at home, chaos reigns! It's noisy and busy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Dino Mountain = Not For Toddlers
Okay, so we didn't know. We took (PAID for!!!!) the kids to see the Dino Mountain exhibit at the Wild Animal Park. Um, I'll let the pictures mainly speak for themselves, but I will just say they did not particularly enjoy it, and that Parker was crying actual tears begging to leave by the end. I will say the Wild Animal Park did a great job making the dinosaurs seem authentic with their movements and noises, prompting Kenley to sob accusingly, "Mommy, you SAID they were going to be like STATUES!" before freezing, mid-cry, to demonstrate the menacing jazz-hands she had expected the dinos to have.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
What kind of grandmother am I that I laughed through this entire post, while enlarging each picture to get a good look at the terror!
Aren't you like 8.9 months pregnant?!? You need to be home. In the AC. On the couch.
Yes. Those pictures told the entire story. Don't ya love it when you go the extra mile and the kids would have been just as happy jumping on couch cushions.
Oh the sadness! That is EXACTLY why we never went! My boys have been very sheltered in what they watch so there are even a lot (most actually) of Disney movies we can't watch because of scariness!
Earlier in the day Kenley watched The Empire Strikes Back all the way through and Parker got up from his nap and watched the last half. They didn't blink, but 15 minutes of poorly animated dinosaurs terrified them.
Ah..Mom, thanks for the tip on enlarging the pics. Even funnier. And to think Parker thought falling in the duck pond was traumatic. You're certainly getting your $'s worth from those year passes.
P.S. This was made all the more enjoyable by the fact that the strangers around me in the airport have no idea what I'm laughing about. :)
Katie, You have the most traumatic trips to the W.A.P. Maybe you should stay away from that place. Everytime I walk near the pond I think of Parker in his upside-down jacket following his swim.
Oh, that is so sad. We tried to take hudson to the IMAX 3-d movie of dinosaurs with similar results.
Way to scar your children for life! I still remember the terror of my mom taking me to see the movie Jack the Giant Killer in the 70's, and I believe that people were smoking in the theater too.
Good luck this week, we'll be thinking of you!
Holly
Maybe I'm just mean, but that is so funny! Those pictures are priceless! What sweet kids you have! ;)
First off, I was ticked as well that we had to pay extra money to go see the dinosaurs...not cool. But, your trip really was worth it as those pictures are priceless.
ha ha
Post a Comment