Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Kenley's Birthday, Part 4 and DONE!

If you've frequented my blog for long, you know that we celebrate every holiday in a big way around here. But I promise this is the last of my posts about Kenley's birthday festivities.

For her party this year we did a "Pirates and Princesses" theme. We had all the guests dress up, and we did fancy/crazy hair and face painting. Because of the new babe, I didn't stress myself out with games or anything, and just let the kids play. I think they had a pretty good time - they all sure looked cute!

This is the cake we made.... Of course I envisioned it way prettier in my head, but I think it turned out pretty good. I am most proud of the fact that we did about 90% of this cake while the rugrats were awake and underfoot. Kenley was soooo excited about this cake, and kept fashioning extra things out of fondant and sticking them on the cake. One of the cons of using a medium that is pretty much exactly like play-dough. She was especially excited about the doorknob and doorbell, so I let them stay. I figured a cake that looked perfect in her mind was more important than a cake that looked perfect in mine. Well, almost. I did draw the line at a giant crooked chimney. It unfortunately had to go to make room for the princesses.



Here is Kenley the fancy princess, and her friend, a crazy pirate...



And more assorted party guests...

2 comments:

KaraLyn said...

That is a truly amazing cake. What a fairytale day/weekend/week for a special little girl. You guys are great parents.

Anissa said...

Awesome cake! I want to learn to do fondant.
Looks like a great party too. Wish we coulda been there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday Kenley!