So my mom e-mailed me this article about a Star Wars night they were having for a fundraiser for this little 1-year-old with a terminal illness. So of course we had to go. I temporarily forgot that both my kids are pretty reserved, and easily frightened by things like that. They had all the characters in a group and you could get your picture taken with them. Kenley was too scared to even go up to the group of characters, and Parker was tentatively okay for a moment before breaking down into sobs (he told me later he was scared of the Darth Vader). Only Claire was not at all frightened, and had her picture taken with a giant Chewbacca.
But of course, depite their fears and tears, both kids LOVED getting to see all the characters and did get some pictures with characters who were just walking around the park. After the pictures, they showed the original first Star Wars movie on the outdoor screen, and that was lots of fun.
On a more sober note, they did a little slide show of this darling little girl who the fundraiser was for, and it made me just cry and cry. I am really overwhelmed with my kids right now, but I made a goal to be more appreciative and grateful that I have three healthy, beautiful children.
4 comments:
Poor little Parker. He is either crying or sulking in the past few posts. Why are you such a mean mother?
Wow. That was such a cool event. Brian is a huge Star Wars geek and insisted on reading this post over my shoulder. :) I love Claire with Chewy!
Am slowly withering away...........need new post of grandchildren.............
Post a Comment