*He is such a sweet, snuggly little boy. He loves to lay in our laps and get his back or his head scratched, and he's always trying to convince Kenley to let him sleep in her bed.
*His speech has gotten a lot better, but he still has some endearing mispronounciations. He can't say the letter "S" at all, leading to the entertaining "oopie" rather than oopsie, "Yanta" rather than Santa, and "Huper Target" rather than Super Target.
*He still loves cars and trains, but has really gotten interested in toys and activities that involve building and creating, especially Legos and Play-doh.
*He is a really restless sleeper, and we always find him sleeping in the funniest positions - half off the bed, snuggling toys on the floor, feet on his pillow. I think I take a picture of him sleeping at least twice a week.
reading books.
*Like his dad and sister, Parker loves Star Wars. He loves to build lightsabers out of his legos and give one to me with explicit instructions of what Star Wars character I am. If I accidentally make the wrong sounds for the character or lightsaber, he will definitely let me know.
*He is still a picky eater, but he is growing more willing to try new foods. I have learned that I will never win a power struggle with him over food - he has to do it on his own terms and in his own time. Today I tried to convince him that he would like nachos since he loves chips and he loves cheese, but nothing I could do or say would make him try it. After that, I put one on his plate anyway, and when I turned my back, he tried it, and sure enough, liked it! He likes to try things and then say, "I tried it, and I liked it! I do like it, Mommy!" (thanks to the TV show Yo Gabba Gabba), then after like two bites he'll stop eating it. When I ask him about it, he invariably says with a regretful face, "I no like it. It yucky." Oh well. Slow and steady, right?
*He loves to wear church clothes, including ties, vests, and sportcoats. Whenever we come home from church the rest of us are changing as we walk in the door, and Parker likes to wear his church clothes all day. He also loves to wear hats, which are always so adorable on him!
Here's a little video of him the night before his birthday. I love the way he says "girl" so I was trying hard to get him to say that word specifically. Enjoy our little Parker B. Bug!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Parker B! We are so glad he is in our family... love the interview, so so cute! I hope he can be Lightning McQueen when he grows up, too!
Post a Comment