Saturday, August 27, 2011

Byron Glacier Hike

The next day we set out to explore Byron Glacier. My friends swore to me that it was close to Girdwood, an easy one-mile walk, and then you'd get to climb on an actual glacier. But how could that be? Something so cool and I'd never done it in all my summers of visiting, or even heard of it? I have to admit, I had my doubts.

But I was wrong! Even though we got rained on, it was so cool! The kids loved the walk next to the rushing river, and had so much to explore. I tried to convey to them the awesomeness of the experience, that most people will never get to touch a real glacier in their entire life, but it's lost on them. They have no idea what a unique experience they're getting up here.










 ^^^Kirk, Hollie, and my mom are having a contest to see who can keep their hand in glacier water the longest. Hollie won. :)


No comments: