Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Clairey Beary!

So our baby is 2. And boy is she 2, with all the big emotions normally associated with that notorious age. But oh, is she sweet, and she makes us so happy. Her brother and sister adore her, and she adores them right back. Here's a little bit about Claire at age 2.

She still LOVES food, especially food with strong flavors or spice. She devours corn like there is no tomorrow, in a manner so entertaining that we had tourists taking pictures of her last time she had corn on the cob at a restaurant. Her most commonly heard phrase is, "More please now?" in regards to food.

You have to call her Claire Bear or Clairey Beary. One of her friends at church actually corrected me one time when I called her Claire. "Actually, her name is Clairey Beary." It's nearly impossible to talk to her without stroking her cheek and cooing, "Clairey Beary...." She is so impossibly spoiled with attention. Here at our Alaskan Family Compound, she is the youngest and gets constant attention because of it.

She loves to help with household chores. She is insistent on being the one to hold the dustpan, and unloads the dishes far faster than you can put them away. She's also exquisitely polite. She loves playing dolls, and thinks she's big enough for Polly Pockets and Barbies too. She loves songs, and insists on hearing "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Popcorn Popping," and her other favorites again and again.

Being the oldest in my family, I try so hard not to spoil our youngest, but it is pretty much impossible. I don't know how to not have our world revolve around every word and movement of this precious little girl. She is such a special joy to have in our family, and we are so lucky to have her.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, that Clairey Beary! I love that you got a picture of her smiling. She looks way too old in this picture. I love her and miss her everyday.

Andrea said...

Now you are finally beginning to understand why I came out the way I did...