I'm sure by writing this post I am totally jinxing myself. Oh well. Kenley is doing great in her toddler bed. She loves it. She still wakes up a few times a night and cries a little bit, but then settles down. I think she's just disoriented. I put a nightlight in her room tonight so we'll see if that helps. Parker is doing a good job sleeping as well. He's going down around 8pm, we give him a dream feed at 11ish, and he's been sleeping until morning, getting up somewhere between 6:00 and 7:30 for a bottle. The good news is if he's up before 7, he'll go back to sleep after eating. So I'm hoping Parker will keep sleeping all night, and Kenley will get used to her toddler bed, and then we will have night after night of delicious, uninterrupted sleep. Doesn't that sound so nice? Yes, it sure does. However, Parker has yet to pop a tooth through, and I think he's saving them for when we all start getting some sleep. Teething, here we come!
On another note, it must just be really frustrating being a toddler. It is also frustrating being the parent of one. This morning Kenley was walking around saying, "Baby water! Baby water!" Stop and think what she might possibly want. I got her a sippy of water but she made it clear that that was NOT it. She was getting more and more frustrated and starting to cry. Finally the much more patient James lifted her up and had her point to what she wanted. It was this small pink cup we have (haven't used it in weeks) - it's like shot glass size and has no lid. So there you go. That's a baby water. Water in a small, small cup. Sheesh.
1 comment:
I'm still waiting for our own delicious, uninterrupted sleep. We got a few nights of it and then, just like you said, teeth on little Ethan. David still doesn't have any, but I think both are teething right now...ugh.
Post a Comment