
You know how as a mom you're always saying, "This is my FAVORITE age!" no matter what age your baby is? (I've found that habit stops when they turn two.) Anyway, seriously, Parker is just at my favorite age right now. Old enough to sit up and play with toys, but not yet mobile. He's getting good sleep and is just a happy little man.
We had his six month appointment this week, and he's still a long guy. Again he's between the 75th and 90th percentiles for height and in the 50th percentile for weight. He weighs 17 lbs., 6 oz. and I think he was 23 inches long. That last number doesn't sound quite right. Maybe it was 27 inches. Someday I'll learn to write these numbers down. Okay, I just measured him with a ruler and it was 27 inches. Anyway, he did so good at his appointment. Shots just do not even faze this kid. Last time he was asleep before we even left the doctor's office. This time I took Kenley out in the hall during shots so she wouldn't be scared and by the time James and Parker came out, he was all smiles again. Then we took them to get portraits done in their costumes, and then out to lunch at Chipotle. Yum. I'm getting sidetracked. This is supposed to be about Parker, not tacos.
Anyway, we are seeing the beginnings of scooting. I kind of thought we never would because he's so content to just sit and play, but sure enough, we're seeing new things lately. Propping up on his arms, sticking that bum way up in the air, and the frustrating scooting backwards AWAY from his toy. I think we'll see big things here in the next few weeks. He's also starting to get interested in Lucy, our dog. He likes to grab at her face, talk to her, and flail his arms all around. She has been licking him for months, but it's like he just now noticed that there was a fun doggie attached to that attacking tongue.
Well, Parker's telling me he's hungry and Kenley's in her room shouting, "Mommy! I'm AWAKE!!!" So I guess this is it for the morning. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Oh, and our whole family is always giving my mom such a hard time for her lack of picture-taking skills, so I will take a quick moment and credit her for the first picture of me and Parker. As the mommy, I so rarely get cute pictures WITH my kids, and I love this one. It's part of a huge batch of pumpkin patch pictures that I will be posting soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment