TUESDAY
We get into Texas and explore the Combs' new house, eat delicious tacos (chicken, salsa, and brown sugar in a crock pot), and let the kids get to know each other.
WEDNESDAY
We take the kids to the Wiggles Play Center and then try to make them play in the baby pool in the backyard while Brooke and I BBQ hamburgers. But Parker and Nate just wanted to eat dirt, and the girls just wanted to be crabby and fight. Kenley just saw these pictures today and got all grouchy and said, "Carli was taking my shovel!" For dinner, Kenley, Carli, and Nate consumed an entire package of hot dogs. They didn't pass the touch test for Parker so he didn't partake.
THURSDAY
We take the kids to a nearby splash park, and all four of them love it. We entertain the thought of coming back every day, but we never do make it back.
FRIDAY
We go to a different splash park. The kids weren't as into this one, not quite sure why. Then that afternoon we got a babysitter and went and shopped ourselves to death, then had dinner with Brooke's mom and went on a drive trying to find her police officer brother out on his rounds. Random, I know.
SATURDAY
We went to Brooke's mom and dad's house for some smoked brisket and let the kids play in the pool. Well, let most of the kids play in the pool. Parker chilled out in the dirt. We also had the girls model some of their clothes and matching sunglasses we bought for them.
SUNDAY
We went to church. Their nursery was overjoyed to have our whiny, tired foursome, but even so we left after an hour. This was our only attempt to take a picture with everyone. Not so great. I do like this picture of the boys doing a pretend Sunday BBQ.
MONDAY
We take the kids to Going Bonkers playland, everyone loves it. That night Brooke and I walk around Ikea and then go get potholes (frozen custard with a mix-in and hot fudge poured down the middle). I start to get sad about leaving and contemplate moving to Frisco. I love these pictures of the girls in their matching pajamas because they were taken not even one minute apart, and the grils are mad and pouty with each other in the first, and laughing best friends in the second. This was totally how our whole trip went.
TUESDAY
We had to leave. :( Kenley got really sad as the plane was taking off because she said she missed Brooke. I did too.
Thanks to Brooke for hosting us on our awesome trip! We had a great time!
4 comments:
Sounds like such a great trip! I can't believe you really flew there with Kenley and Parker all by yourself. The thought of doing it myself scares me silly!
No wedding reception pics? Maybe later. Let's see the bride.
I have to first say that I am in love with Parker's so cute curls, seriously he is too darling!! I'm impressed that you ventured that far all by yourself and am also impressed at the very well organized and perfect post...good job Katie!
Alas, only the trip to Texas?
Post a Comment