
Here's Parker's free verse poem he dictated to me. I think it's really good. What do you think?
Shoes
so many ways to amuse myself
all day
but nothing better than shoes
especially my mommy's running shoes
blue and white, old and loved
i love them too
my lack of fine motor skills
to put on said shoes
can be distressing
to everyone.
because i will never stop trying
to put on shoes.
all day long.
i awaken with the dawn
pointing at my shoe bucket
crying for them,
desperate for
the feel of canvas and velcro
the smell of my too-small sandals
the taste of the soles.
i spend roughly a third of my day
attempting to put on everyone's shoes
frantically signing "help me help me"
strewing them all throughout the house
clomp clomp clomping on the wood floors
laughing at my sister's distress
when i steal her crocs and flip flops.
i have many jobs in this family
but none more important
than shedding crocodile tears
over the cruel dichotomy of
my inability
but constant desire
to put on shoes.
3 comments:
Wow, Parker! You are an amazing poet. I laughed so hard because everything is so true. You can wear my shoes anytime.
Ok, so I totally didn't get it when you posted about Seriouslysoblessed. I went there, didn't know it was a joke, and was like, this is wierd, why does she have like five names and her husband four and how is he in dental/law school/ medical school all at the same time? Totally lost on me. So, since I've been in AK Rita and Calvin totally filled me in on it and I went back and laughed my butt off. So funny. So just so you don't think I'm totally lame with no sense of humor, I get it now and find it quite amusing.
Katie thanks for delurking! I was happy to read your comment and happy to read this post. It sounds like your parker and my maggie are a match made in heaven. Maybe even sole mates. ha ha. couldn't resist the pun. Oh and your little preschool daughter--precious. oh red day gives me goose bumps. I miss my kindergarten class!!!
Post a Comment