I've had a few people ask about and comment on the button I added recently about the Nielson family. For starters, no, I don't know this family. Stephanie Nielson is a mom of four in Mesa, Arizona who has a blog called The Nie Nie Dialogues.
I'll stop here and say that "blog-stalking" is a funny thing, reading people's blogs who you don't know. It really makes you realize that we are all basically the same, we mommies of the world, and I think blogging has really made that hit home for a lot of women. It's kind of fun to pop in on someone else's blog and think, "This is what my life might be like if I had four kids." Or if I lived in New York, or if I also ran triathalons or taught middle school, or if I happened to have quintuplets. Reading other moms' blogs makes me feel a kinship with other women, many of whom I don't even know. It's kind of a weird phenomenon, but when something like this happens, it makes us realize that we can use this kinship for good.
Stephanie and her husband Christian were in an airplane accident and are badly burned, in critical condition. Stephanie's burns cover over 80% of her body. Her four small children are living with her sister, who also keeps a blog called C Jane Run. It's amazing how an internet community has rallied together to raise money and send prayers for this family. This miracle has been covered by The New York Times and The Today Show. You can donate at any Bank of America or Wells Fargo, but if that's not possible, please send prayers. You just never know what life brings; a horrible accident could happen to any of us. In Stephanie's sister's blog, she writes that Christian was awake and talking for a few days last week and said he could physically feel the prayers coming to him. Please pray for the Nielson family, that their bodies will continue to heal, that their families might be strengthened, and that their kids will be okay. Thanks, from one mommy blogger on behalf of another.
And, to end on a light note, I'm about 90% sure that James froze the rest of last night's chocolate chip cookies so that I wouldn't eat a whole bunch today. Oh well, babe! They're good frozen, too!
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. I've passed it along to my other blog mom's. Sure does put life into perspective fast, doesn't it?
Did you know that Lindsay Jones served her mission with Christian? What a sad situation.
Christian's cousin is in our ward and lives in our neighborhood. So hard for everyone...
Post a Comment