Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sweet Little Claire


Just a quick little update on our little Claire. She continues to be a delight to our family. She started smiling a few weeks ago, and she always has plenty of them to give. Unless, of course, I am holding a camera.

Each month I take a picture of my kids next to their stuffed animal we made them at Build-a-Bear. Here are Claire's pictures at one month and last week at two months. Seriously, EVERY time I see anyone they talk about how she's filling out. She's getting to be a chunk!



Sleeping has turned into a challenge. During out week at the beach house, Claire would wake up anytime she was put down during a nap. We sort of chalked it up to being somewhere unfamiliar, and there were so many people willing to hold her, that she pretty much got held while she slept for a week straight. So now I'm attempting to undo that lovely habit. It's hard, especially with Kenley and Parker running around all the time. I have shed many tears of frustration in the last few weeks. But, to end on a good note, the other day Kenley and Parker wandered out of their bedroom each holding a swaddled baby. They're experts in baby care already!

4 comments:

Anissa said...

Man, I feel your pain my friend. It's SO hard with the older siblings always being loud and grinding against your sleep-deprived nerves. You just want to curl up in a ball and sleep for 3 days straight.
Have you read any baby sleep books that you've liked? I read one that a friend recommended this last go around with Austin and it seemed to work for us. Let me know if you want the name of it. Or better yet, I'll just mail my copy to you if you want it.
Hang in there! Love you!

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! So, so cute! But then again all your kids are pretty darn cute!

The Dobrons said...

So cute!--Hey do you have a noise maker? I have a great one they discontinued from Walmart if you wanna buy it off me. It was like 15 bucks....I use one in each of my kids' rooms!

Jen's Life said...

She is so cute! I really hope I get to meet her soon. I love that pic of Kenley and Parker! Do they like to help you with Claire?