Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


This picture exemplifies why I am the luckiest person in the world on Mother's Day. These two make my life better with their love, support, and advice. In this picture, as my mom and stepmom are waiting for Andrea to come out of the temple, you can just see their genuine affection for each other and their happiness and love for Andrea. I am so thankful for them and all that they do and teach to me to make me a better mom. They give me tangible and emotional support as a navigate motherhood myself, always encouraging me and instilling me with confidence as I face challenges. I know they're 100% in my corner and I can always count on them.

Also on Mother's Day I am thankful for the other mother figures in my life. There have been so many women in my life who have looked over me and guided me the way that a mom would. Grandmas, aunts, my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law, my RB "other moms," YW leaders, and ward members. I am also thankful for my girlfriends who help me figure out the crazy world of motherhood, endlessly discussing the details of carseat brands, sleep problems, potty training, birthday parties, and a million other things. I am lucky to have such strong and supportive women in my life. Thanks to all of you on Mother's Day.

And I guess these rugrats too, who challenge me every day to be the best mom I can be, and love me unconditionally when I mess it up.

1 comment:

KaraLyn said...

What a lovely post. Being a mom is a great thing, even when it's hard. Maybe that's what makes it so great is the reward after the challenge.