Thursday, October 04, 2012

Cross Country Jamboree!

Kenley and Parker participated in a cross-country race for local elementary schools. It was a half-mile course for the younger kids, and I was surprised at how many kids were there!

By the way, you'll notice my kids are quite bundled up. Even though this was a few weeks ago at the end of September, it was FREEZING and we needed to bust out the winter gear!

Getting ready to walk the course...
 Claire and Parker wait to watch Kenley at the start...

 The start of the K-2 girls race.
 Always holding hands....
 Happy girl watching her "brudder and hister."
 Kenley's big finish
 Proud and freezing!
 Here go the boys!
 Parker is done!
 The kids showing off their finishers' medals and being silly together!



 Enjoying some post-race treats. Do we love Claire's very long parka? ha ha
 Watermelon smiles :)

 Heading back to the car.... it's hard work being the cheerleader!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think watermelon and parkas go together, do they? Such wonderful pictures. Thanks for posting so many!
Grandma Kerry

Brianne said...

Awesome job, kiddos! Let them know they have officially run more races now than I have. I better get my act together. ;)