Monday, May 05, 2008

Busy busy day

Well, Saturday was quite the day. First we hung out as a family up here at our own house in the morning (the fact that that is so rare that it just made it onto my blog is a little sad to me, actually). Then we headed down to San Diego for April's reception. But first a little side trip to the Allied Gardens Spring Fest. I know, super random. Kirk works down there and they had a booth, so we all went. They had little rides and stuff, and we all wanted Kenley to do the pony ride, but she was insistent that all she wanted to do was go on the bounce house obstacle course. Finally we essentially forced her to ride on the pony, and sure enough, she loved it. Although, when prompted about what we did at the party, she will tell you, "Ate popcorn." Sigh. The highlights for kids are always different from what we expect, I guess.




Then back to my mom's for a little rest, and then up to Ramona for the wedding reception. It was so much fun and April looked so gorgeous! It was great to see so many friends. When April left to go get changed to leave, Kenley kept asking, "Where'd the princess go? Where'd the princess go?" She thinks we went to a ball, and if you slip up and call it a reception or a party she will quickly correct you. Probably didn't help her misinterpretation that they handed out wands with ribbons to wave as the happy couple left.

It was so fun to see Leah and little Boedy, and Erin and all her kids. The four of us old friends managed to come together for one miracle moment, complete with a camera, and actually get a picture at the reception. I miss you girls!


Both my kids LOVE to dance. I have no idea where they got that trait, but it's cute. It's amazing how kids can make everything more fun, even something you think you hate, like dancing. They were holding hands and dancing together, and Kenley had to keep stopping to give Parker hugs and kisses.



So that was our day! And then we went home to Murrieta. I drove about 200 miles in all on Saturday. Please don't calculate how much it cost me in gas. I don't even want to know. :(

1 comment:

Kerry said...

What a fun day that was! Kenley was so cute riding the horse. I love making memories with the Hampton kidlets.
Grandma Kerry