Friday, May 02, 2008

Some cute movies of Kenley

Here is one that I wish was better. It's so hard to get video of Kenley because she always wants to watch it instead. Anyway, she was prancing around listening to a little Jungle Book CD and singing "Bear Necessities" and it was so precious. I got a very little bit of it, and it's pretty cute.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Then, here is a video I took today. Sometimes my kids' milestones just jump out of nowhere and it hits me that they are growing up. A few weeks ago I was switching some wash, and I noticed some lip gloss in the washer that Kenley had put in her pocket, and I realized I was going to have to start checking her pockets, and seriously guys, it made me SO SAD! Like, what a big girl, you know? So today was another one of those mini-milestones. I go into her room and she has this whole little "event" set up with her Cinderella figurines and her trains, and it's the first time she's really set up her toys like this, other than a tea party or something. And it just seemed like suddenly she was older, like a real little girl. At the end of this video, she is telling me she set it up for a party, but the movie cuts off. Argh...


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Finally, a sort of sober story to end the post, but just a little reminder. One of the interesting things about being a parent is feeling that God is using me and helping me to protect these sweet little people. I constantly feel these promptings about my kids, and they're just so little. And usually I realize them in retrospect, like right after Kenley has puked and I think, "You know, I was looking right at that extra pair of shoes thinking I should throw them in the car for some reason and I didn't, and I should have." But then every once in a while I'll feel something, and I'll do it, and then later it is just clear to me that I had that feeling for a reason. So tonight we went to In N Out with a friend of mine. Before we went in, I debated about bringing my diaper bag. I thought to myself, "I don't really need it, the car is right here if I need to change a diaper...." But then I just felt like I should, so I did. So we ordered and sat down outside, and Kenley spilled her drink so I went to get napkins. When I came back outside she was standing on the bench and walked toward me, and I don't even know what happened, I guess she just didn't see it end or maybe she tripped, but she went tumbling headfirst from standing on a bench, right onto the concrete. And you know what? She landed with her head right on that bulky, pesky diaper bag. She was so shaken up and so was I. I was so glad that we had averted a much more painful and scary experience. So the moral of the story? Pay attention to those promptings, especially when they involve your kids. I'm so glad she's safe.

3 comments:

*katie said...

Kenley is growing up! Every milestone that David and Ethan make is always exciting, but then a little sad as well...

thanks for the reminder about promptings--how scary! And yet good that you had your bag!!

The Dobrons said...

I love that! I've had times like that too where randomly I'll think--I should bring "that" when I usually don't and then it's amazing how it's just what I needed at some point. You've got sweet kids!

Unknown said...

Annabel LOVES Bare Necessities. She sings it every chance she gets. Kenley is so so cute.
Boy, they do grow up fast, don't they? I keep looking at bruce thinking, I just barely had you. You can't be going to kindergarten next fall. What is going on here? But, the good part it, all that growing up lead to so many fun memories. It's just hard to record them all and keep them fresh.